Freeman Lake Park
Blue Heron Way
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Park Hours: 7 a.m. - Sunset
Office Hours: Varies on time of season.
- 170-Acre Lake
- Fishing Includes Large Mouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Crappie, Rainbow Trout, Bluegill and Shell Cracker
- Boat Rentals: Paddle, Jon and Kayak
- Handicap Accessible Kayak Dock
- Pavilion Rentals
- Tennis Complex with 10 courts: Elizabethtown Tennis Commission
- Sand Volleyball
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course: Disc Golf Map
- Small and Large Dog Parks
- Picnic Areas
- Lincoln Heritage House
- One Room Schoolhouse
- Sarah Bush Johnston Log Cabin
Freeman Lake Park has restricted hours during our Christmas in The Park event, Thanksgiving Eve through New Year’s Day.
Freeman Lake Park abides by Standard Statewide Regulations. For detailed information on those regulations, CLICK HERE .
Permits for fishing are available on a daily or annual basis. Age 16 or older must have a valid KY State Fishing License and City of Elizabethtown Fishing Permit.
Info on permit pricing is below:
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $40
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $50
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $50
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $100
Monday - Thursday: $125
Friday - Sunday, Holidays: $175
Boat rental hours vary according to season and weather. Please call office for current hours.
To rent a boat fill out a City of Elizabethtown Watercraft Waiver. The Freeman Lake Park Office handles all rentals.
10MPH speed limit. Alcoholic beverages, swimming, and night fishing are prohibited on the lake. Electric trolling motors and gas engines are allowed at idle speed only.
See boat rental rates below: