Freeman Lake Park
Blue Heron Way
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Hours: 7 a.m. - Sunset
- 170-Acre Lake
- Fishing Includes Large Mouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Crappie, Rainbow Trout, Bluegill and Shell Cracker
- Boat Rentals: Paddle, Jon and Kayak
- Handicap Accessible Kayak Dock
- Pavilion Rentals
- Tennis Complex with 10 courts: Elizabethtown Tennis Commission
- Sand Volleyball
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course: Disc Golf Map
- Trails: Family Trail Activities
- Small and Large Dog Parks
- Picnic Areas
- Lincoln Heritage House
- One Room Schoolhouse
- Sarah Bush Johnston Log Cabin
Freeman Lake Park has restricted hours during our Christmas in The Park event, Thanksgiving Eve through New Year’s Day.
Permits for fishing are available on a daily or annual basis. Age 16 or older must have a valid KY State Fishing License and City of Elizabethtown Fishing Permit.
Info on permit pricing is below:
Permits For Age 65 & Under
One Day: $5
One Year: $20
One Day: $3
One Year: $10
Daily Fish Limits/Min. Size
Large Mouth Bass: 1 / 15"
Channel Catfish: 4 / 15"
Crappie: No Limit
Rainbow Trout: 5 / None
Bluegill: No Limit
Shell Cracker: No Limit
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $25
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $30
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $35
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $60
Monday - Thursday: $125/day plus 12% ticket sales profit
Friday - Sunday, Holidays: $140/day plus 12% ticket sales profit
For Non-Profits: $90/day
To rent a boat fill out a City of Elizabethtown Watercraft Waiver. The Freeman Lake Park Office handles all rentals.
10MPH speed limit. Alcoholic beverages, swimming, and night fishing are prohibited on the lake. Electric trolling motors and gas engines are allowed at idle speed only.
See boat rental rates below:
Per Hour: $2
Per Day: $10
Paddle Boat & Kayak
Per Hour: $5