Freeman Lake Park
Blue Heron Way
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Hours: 7 a.m. - Sunset
- 170-acre lake
- Fishing include Large Mouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Crappie, Rainbow Trout, Bluegill and Shell Cracker
- Boat rentals: paddle, jon and kayak
- Handicap accessible kayak dock
- Pavilion rentals
- Tennis complex with 10 courts: visit Elizabethtown Tennis Commission for more information
- Sand volleyball
- 18-hole disc golf course
- Walking trails
- Dog park
- Picnic areas
- Lincoln Heritage House
- One Room Schoolhouse
- Sara Bush Johnson Log Cabin
- Nature Park with Hardin County Veterans Tribute and Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
Freeman Lake Park holds the annual Founders' Day Celebration on the fourth of July and Christmas in The Park, Thanksgiving Eve through New Year’s Day.
Permits for fishing are available on a daily or annual basis. Age 16 or older must have an appropriate license and permit.
Info on permit pricing is below:
Permits For Age 65 & Under
One Day: $5
One Year: $20
One Day: $3
One Year: $10
Daily Fish Limits/Min. Size
Large Mouth Bass: 1 / 15"
Channel Catfish: 4 / 15"
Crappie: No Limit
Rainbow Trout: 5 / None
Bluegill: No Limit
Shell Cracker: No Limit
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $25
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $30
Mon - Thurs (9 a.m. - Close): $35
Fri - Sun, Holidays (9 a.m. - Close): $60
Monday - Thursday: $125/day plus 12% ticket sales profit
Friday - Sunday, Holidays: $140/day plus 12% ticket sales profit
For Non-Profits: $90/day
To rent a boat fill out a City of Elizabethtown Watercraft Waiver. The Freeman Lake Park Office handles all rentals.
10MPH speed limit. Alcoholic beverages, swimming, night fishing and gas engines are prohibited on the lake. Electric trolling motors are allowed.
Below you can see the boat rental rates.
Per Hour: $2
Per Day: $10
Per Day w/Trolling Motor: $30
Paddle Boat & Kayak
Per Hour: $5