CITY OF ELIZABETHTOWN
JOB TITLE: Custodian/Maintenance I (Historic State Theater)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
The employee in this job performs custodial duties, grounds keeping, simple maintenance, operates bar, concessions, sound equipment, marquee scheduling, and event set-up for Historic State Theater (HST) Complex. There is also on-site assistance for events. Some custodial support will be required for City Hall. Job duties are completed with minimal supervision. Work is coordinated with Historic State Theater Manager of Operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Change filters on HVAC units, monitor and perform general building maintenance needs. Dust fixtures and furniture, vacuum, sweep, mop and wax floors, empty trash receptacles, clean and supply restrooms and change light bulbs. Maintain grounds around HST Complex, including sweeping and litter pick-up. Take down and setup tables for all events. Clean up after all major events, including festivals and other outdoor programs. At times, work after business hours alone and without supervision. Work concessions and bar during events. Perform other work as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Possess a valid Kentucky Driver’s License.
- Some building maintenance and custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
- Pass drug screening.
- Possess and maintain training certification to serve alcohol at functions at the theater complex.
- Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
Custodian/Maintenance I (Historic State Theater)
- Perform specific duties as defined in “Example of Duties”.
- Able to properly lift heavy items up to 75 lbs. and to stand for long periods of time.
- Order all cleaning supplies for facilities.
- Maintain the inventory of supplies needed for daily essentials.
- Coordinate all maintenance efforts with Facilities Management Department.
- Manage and maintain all concession equipment (such as, soft drink machine, popcorn machine) and cleaning equipment.
- Work hours as directed by supervisor including after regular business hours and inconsistent shifts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
I understand that I am being hired (or promoted) based on my ability to successfully complete a reasonable job orientation period and to subsequently perform the above listed duties in addition to other duties as assigned. I acknowledge receipt of the City of Elizabethtown Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Program and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and I agree to abide by all requirements. I also acknowledge the Equal Employment Opportunity Standards which are part of the Personnel Policies and Procedures and I agree to comply with those standards.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CITY AS THE NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB CHANGE