CITY OF ELIZABETHTOWN
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Pool Manager – American Legion Waterpark CLASS: 51 – Seasonal
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
In conjunction with the Waterpark Operations Manager this position is responsible for the management and certain maintenance aspects of the American Legion Park Pool. Responsibilities include but are not limited to enforcing policies and procedures, which ensure efficient and effective operation of pool facilities including personnel management and training. Duties involve various swimming pool operations, including first aid, rotations, scheduling for staff, public relations, janitorial duties, limited pool maintenance, pool cleaning, cleaning of pool facilities such as bathrooms & party room area, assistance with swim lessons and all other duties as assigned. This employee should have excellent organizational, communication, and public relation skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work. Supervision is generally received either written or orally from the Waterpark Operations Manager and/or the Department Head.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Prepare all work schedules for employees making sure the manager, supervisor, or head life guard is on duty at all times the pool is open; Assist the Operations Manager in hiring of staff, Help keep track of employee timecards, Insure employees under his/her direct supervision are properly trained in their duties; Hold bi-weekly training & safety meetings for all lifeguards under his/her direct supervision; Track pool attendance, balance cash drawers & prepare money for deposit, Insure proper operating condition of all equipment; Handle first aid care; Maintain staff rotations and staff breaks ; Maintain discipline at the swimming pool facility and supervises all staff enforcing staff policies and rules; Maintain positive public relations at the swimming pool; Document and report all disciplinary problems and accidents to the Waterpark Operations Manager; Maintain a clean facility including but not limited to bathrooms, trash picked up in and outside of facility; Set a positive example for the rest of the staff to follow; Alert Waterpark Operations Manager when supplies are needed and if equipment needs repaired; Assist the Waterpark Operations Manager in scheduling party room rentals and private parties held at the pool; Check all gates and doors at closing time; Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Training equivalent to high school diploma required.
2. Candidates should have significant knowledge and experience in public pool facility operations.
3. Must have Lifeguard Training Certification, CPR & First Aid Certification.
4. Must be eighteen years of age or older.
5. Experience as a head lifeguard or supervision of lifeguard staff.
6. Previous management experience required.
7. Must have basic computer skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
1. Perform specific duties as defined in “Examples of Duties.”
2. Be aware that extreme weather conditions and working with chemicals are factors in this position.
3. Physical exertions to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy objects. Climbing in and out of the swimming pool, up and down ladders.
4. Employee should have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication as well as the ability to convey detailed or important instructions to other employees and the general public.
5. Operate and maintain equipment and pool facilities.
6. Follow department and City policies and procedures, safety procedures and practices.
7. Work courteously and use good telephone etiquette
8. Maintain positive and effective relationship with public and co-workers.
9. Ability to promote a positive self-image and lead by example.
10. Work variable hours and/or shifts.
11. Work overtime as required by supervisor.
12. Be on call as required.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE CITY AS THE NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB CHANGE.