City of Elizabethtown Fire Department
380 Ring Road
Elizabethtown Kentucky 42701
The City of Elizabethtown is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter
Applications can be found at https://elizabethtownky.org/employment and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be picked up at Fire Headquarters, 380 Ring Road, Elizabethtown, Kentucky or from the Human Resource Department at City Hall, 200 West Dixie Avenue, Elizabethtown, Kentucky, and then returned to either location. This is a Civil Service Position with a one year introductory period. Completed Applications must be turned in by 4:30pm on August 19th 2022.
All applicants will be tested by the Civil Service Board at Fire Headquarters, 380 Ring Road, Elizabethtown, Kentucky, on August 26th 2022 @ 9:00 A.M. EST.
IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 9:00 A.M. EST YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TEST.
Employment Eligibility Requirements:
- 18 years of age
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete a Background Check, including drug screen
- Pass NFPA 1582 medical examination
- Must have a current C.P.A.T. card by date of hire
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting Salary: $45,000
- State Training Incentive $4,300 (after completion of requirements)
- Employee Medical Insurance Provided, Family Available.
- Life; Dental and Eye Insurance available.
- E.R.S. Hazardous Duty Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, and Sick Leave
- Uniform and Meal allowances