CITY OF ELIZABETHTOWN JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Maintenance I, Stormwater Department CLASS: 4
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
This position involves the performance of manual tasks/duties of more than ordinary difficulty, requiring skilled and semi-skilled work or special knowledge acquired through on-the-job training or experience. Work is performed with limited independence under a supervisor who assigns tasks and makes frequent inspections to ensure proper performance. General supervision is received either written or orally from a supervisor or designated crew/team leader.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Work to be conducted may include assistance with debris removal, sinkhole repair, drainage infrastructure installation and/or repair, erosion stabilization, ditching/grading, mowing, concrete work, or other drainage system maintenance and construction activities. Additionally, work may include operation of various types of electric and gasoline powered tools; small construction equipment trucks, mechanical and hydraulic equipment and other types of equipment necessary in the performance of regular job assignments associated with the Stormwater Department. Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Perform other work as assigned.
1. High School graduate or equivalent GED.
2. Possess a valid Kentucky Driver’s License
3. Ability to read, write and communicate in basic English.
4. Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
5. Resident of and agree to reside in Hardin County, Kentucky.
6. Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
7. Utilize proper construction methods and safety precautions in the performance of duties.
8. Ability to work in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
1. Perform specific duties as defined in “Examples of Duties”.
2. Work overtime as required by supervisor.
3. On call as required (Stand-by duty).