JOB TITLE: Preventative Maintenance I, Wastewater Department
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
The Preventative Maintenance I employee is responsible to the Director of Wastewater Treatment for efficient maintenance of the plant and grounds throughout the facilities with other maintenance personnel and operators. Combinations of skilled and manual tasks are performed pertinent to the maintenance of the plant as well as routine preventative maintenance of plant equipment. Work is performed at the wastewater treatment plant, indoors and outdoors, at lift stations, other City locations and in all types of weather.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Perform routine preventative maintenance on all plant equipment. Attend and participate in the monthly safety meeting. Perform various labor tasks as required around the treatment plant. Perform ground maintenance to include mowing all facilities, trimming and applying herbicides where needed. Clean and paint equipment when required. Ordering and keeping an inventory of oils and greases needed for all equipment. Perform custodial duties when required. Clean and maintain WWTP vehicles. Maintain treatment plant maintenance shop in a neat and orderly fashion. Maintain effective communication and working relationship with fellow employees. Use tractor and bush hog for plant mowing. Maintain records of all maintenance tasks performed and keep up with maintenance schedules. Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Adjust schedule when required to fill other positions. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or the equivalent GED.
2. Possess valid Kentucky driver’s license.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
4. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
5. Physically capable of passing a Pulmonary Function Test.
6. Physically capable of accessing plant facility and performing essential job functions, able to lift 75 lbs.