City of Elizabethtown
Guidelines for re-opening Tennis Courts
After multiple discussions with the Lincoln Trail District Health Department, these guidelines were put into place for safety for our tennis community. In order for the courts to remain open they must be fully adhered to.
1. If you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID19 please stay home.
2. Each player must bring their own tennis balls, which need to be marked with different markings (numbers, initials, etc.) than their opponents so to avoid touching the other player’s tennis balls.
3. Use your racquet or foot to pick up your ball and hit it back to your opponent; avoid touching your opponent’s tennis ball.
4. Play on courts will be “every other court” to insure social distancing.
5. Remain apart from other players while taking a break.
6. No lessons at this time.
7. Please observe 90 minute court time limit to give everyone an opportunity to play. Once your game ends, please avoid gathering in groups and return to your car.
8. Remain in your car to avoid gathering, until a court becomes available.
9. Bring your own water. The water fountain will not be available at this time. Bring hand sanitizer and note the bathrooms will not be open at this time.
10. Please clean up after yourselves.