Job Title: Operations Technician
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
This position involves the scheduling and performance of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance on gas meters(including testing of large meters according to compliance schedule), regulators, compressor/dehydration units, gas well maintenance/monitoring, meter/regulator station maintenance and monitoring to insure compliance with federal DOT and/or State PSC requirements. Work involves performance of manual tasks of more than ordinary difficulty requiring some special knowledge/skills acquired through industry and on-the-job training and experience. Work also involves operation of power tools and related equipment as necessary in performance of regular assignments. Work is performed with some independence under the direction of a supervisor who assigns tasks/duties, through written and/or oral form and makes frequent inspections to insure proper work performance.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Consists of, but not limited to, repair/maintenance of gas meters and regulators, compressor/dehydration units and related facilities, natural gas well metering and appurtenances and other gas facilities and services. Inspection and maintenance of critical valves, weekly odorization report, and calibration of electronic measurement units annually. Record relevant data/information for compliance under federal DOT and/or State PSC regulations and requirements. Comply with all safety policies, procedures and requirements. Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Perform other work as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent GED.
- Resident of and agree to reside in Hardin County, Kentucky.
- Possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license and CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
- Ability to follow written and oral directives and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Neat in appearance, of good moral character, and not convicted of a felony crime.
- Participate in drug and alcohol testing program.
- Two (2) years or acceptable equivalent experience as Maintenance II.
- Gas industry training certifications.
- Demonstrate ability to perform applicable Operator Qualification Tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
- Perform specific duties as defined in “Example of duties”.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Perform manual tasks in the maintenance and repair of gas facilities.
- On call as required (stand-by duty).
- Work overtime as required by supervisor.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.