JOB TITLE: Maintenance I, Department of Stormwater Management – Class 4
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
This position involves the performance of manual tasks/duties of more than ordinary difficulty, requiring skilled and semi-skilled work or special knowledge acquired through on-the-job training or experience. General supervision is received either written or orally from a supervisor or designated crew/team leader.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Operate various types of electric and gasoline powered tools; small construction equipment and CDL required trucks, mechanical and hydraulic equipment and other types of equipment necessary in the performance of regular job assignments associated with the Department of Stormwater Management. Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Perform other work as assigned.
1. High School graduate or equivalent GED.
2. Possess a valid Kentucky Drivers License/CDL Class B.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate in basic English.
4. Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
5. Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
6. Two years (or acceptable equivalent) experience as Public Works Laborer.
7. Must successfully pass a drug test.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
1. Perform specific duties as defined in “Examples of Duties”.
2. Work overtime as required by supervisor.
3. On call as required (Stand-by duty).