• Answers emergency and non-emergency telephone requests for law enforcement, fire and medical services.
• Operates computer aided dispatch equipment (CAD) by entering call information and dispatching deputies and officers to emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Monitors patrol member’s status; notifies on-call personnel; assigns cover cars or requests mutual aid to situations that may be critical and/or threatening.
• Utilizes computer/teletype systems and databases to query and enter operational data; relays information to patrol as required.
• Searches available and appropriate resources to locate and relay operational data and information to Patrol personnel.
• Uses various maps and mapping resources to determine jurisdictions and to properly identify call locations.
• Answers Agency business telephone calls; provides routine data and information to telephone inquiries; may transfer/direct inquiries to proper agency staff; may refer telephone calls to responsible outside state, court, agencies, departments or individuals.
• Operates computers and standard office equipment including commonly used computer software programs.
• Is committed to a high standard of safety laws and all of the Police Department’s policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Must be able to work various shifts and schedule rotations as assigned.
High school graduate or GED.
Must have computer skills and ability to use department computer system.
Must be able to type and perform general clerical duties.
Be able to follow and understand instructions.
Meet all application requirements of the City of Elizabethtown Police Department, including polygraph exam.
U.S. Citizen, 18 years of age or older.
Read, write and communicate in English.
Orderly, law abiding citizen of sobriety and integrity.
Pass pre-employment drug test.
Successfully pass a background check that demonstrates that the applicant is free from any personal problems that would tend to render him/her unfit to be a representative of the Police Department. Such background check shall include but is not limited to, inquiry as to the credit standings, morality, criminal record or character of the applicant.
Clean and neat in appearance and possess the ability to speak clearly in person and on the phone, to effectively meet and deal with the public.
Drug-free, high moral character, and no felony convictions.
Physically able to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.23 – $18.69 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
Work Location: In person