Job Title: Equipment Operator II
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
This position is skilled work in the operation of heavy maintenance and construction equipment related to natural gas construction/maintenance activities. Assignments are received in oral/written form to accomplish specific tasks and performed independently within established procedures and operational techniques. Works within a crew supervised by a foreman: work is reviewed by supervisor during progress and upon completion.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Operate various types of equipment and instruments: tractor, backhoe and track loader, line tapping/stop-off equipment, trenching and boring equipment, pipe and metal locators, natural gas leak detection equipment, voltage meter. Excavate for construction of new installations (i.e. gas taps, main and service lines, etc.) and assist in repairs of existing facilities (i.e. leak repair, valve maintenance, cathodic protection installation, etc.). Comply with all safety policies, procedures and requirements. Work outdoors in all weather conditions. Perform other work as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent GED.
- Resident of and agree to reside in Hardin County, Kentucky.
- Possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license with class “A” CDL.
- Ability to follow written and oral directives and instructions.
- Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
- Ability to meet and communicate with the public in an effective and tactful manner.
- Neat in appearance, of good moral character, and not convicted of a felony crime.
- Participate in drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Two years or acceptable equivalent experience as Equipment Operator I.
- Demonstrate ability to perform applicable Operator Qualification Tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
- Perform specific duties as defined in “Example of duties”.
- Operate and maintain various types of heavy construction equipment.
- Utilize proper safety procedures and precautions and observe appropriate laws and regulations of equipment operation.
- Work overtime as required by supervisor.
- On call as required (stand-by duty).
- Perform other duties as assigned.