The City of Elizabethtown is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter
This is a Civil Service Position with a one year probationary period.
All applicants will be tested by the Civil Service Board: at Fire Headquarters, 380 Ring Road, Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Test date is to be determined. Photo ID is required to take test.
Employment Eligibility Requirements:
• 18 years of age
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Complete a Background Check, including drug screen
• Pass NFPA 1582 medical requirements
• Must have a current C.P.A.T. card by interview with Chief
Salary and Benefits:
• Starting Salary: $35,500
• State Training Incentive $4000 (after completion of requirements)
• Employee Medical Insurance Provided, Family Available.
• Life Insurance
• C.E.R.S. Hazardous Duty Retirement
• Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, and Sick Leave
• Uniform and Meal allowance