JOB TITLE: Custodian/Maintenance I, Justice Center CLASS: 4
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
The employee in this job performs custodial duties, grounds keeping and simple maintenance for the Hardin County Justice Center. Work is coordinated with the Chief Deputy, Hardin Circuit/District Courts and reports to the Custodian/Maintenance Crew Leader.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Monitor maintenance schedules, perform minor maintenance on equipment. Dust fixtures and specific furniture, wash windows, vacuum, sweep, mop and wax floors, empty refuse cans, clean and supply restrooms. Maintain grounds around the Hardin County Justice Center including sweeping and litter pick-up, remove weeds, rake and remove leaves, trim shrubs and clean exterior areas. Work before or after business hours alone and without supervision. Perform other work at other buildings as assigned. Work overtime as required.
1. High school graduate or equivalent GED.
2. Possess a valid Kentucky Driver’s License or ability to report to Justice Center at prescribed work hours.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
4. Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
5. Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
6. Must successfully pass pre-employment drug test, City of Elizabethtown background check and Administrative Office of the Courts background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
1. Perform specific duties as defined in “Example of Duties”.
2. Perform additional duties as assigned.
3. Work hours as directed by supervisor including after business hours and inconsistent shifts.
4. Lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
5. Knowledge of hand and power tools that are used for cleaning and maintenance activities and their proper care and use.