JOB TITLE: Custodian/Maintenance Crew Leader CLASS: 6
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
The employee in this job supervises custodial staff for multiple buildings in different locations across the City of Elizabethtown. Work is coordinated with building liaisons at City Hall, the Police Station, Public Works, Elizabethtown State Theater and the Hardin County Justice Center. This position reports to the Director of Facilities Management.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Develop maintenance schedules for buildings. Develop work schedules for employees. Manage custodial staff at multiple buildings. Provide training for proper maintenance of building components. Coordinate with the Superintendent of Facilities Maintenance and contractors as required to provide proper maintenance of the buildings. Coordinate, purchase and stock proper cleaning, restroom and refuse supplies for all buildings. Perform all aspects of custodial maintenance duties at buildings as required. Work before or after business hours alone and without supervision. Coordinate with the State Theater Building Manager for any work that needs to be performed at the facility. Perform other work as assigned. Work overtime as required.
1. High school graduate or equivalent GED.
2. Possess a valid Kentucky Driver’s License.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
4. Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
5. Physically capable of performing essential job functions.
6. Must successfully pass pre-employment drug test, City of Elizabethtown background check and Administrative Office of the Courts background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude other work which may be required.
1. Perform specific duties as defined in “Example of Duties”.
2. Perform additional duties as assigned.
3. Lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
4. Knowledge of hand and power tools that are used for cleaning and maintenance activities and their proper care and use.
5. Work hours as directed by the Director of Facilities Management including before or after business hours and inconsistent shifts.